As a result of growing interest among faculty and graduate students the Center for Latin American Studies is inaugurating a working group on Colombia. Coordinated by Graduate Student Javier González Cortés (History Ph.D. program), the working group will organize events, faculty discussions, and research collaborations. During the last fifteen years the number of Colombian Americans in New Jersey has grown, as well as their presence at Rutgers. Rutgers graduate programs have also been recruiting a growing number of students from Colombia, as well as students drawn from the Columbian Latinx community. These students will join about half a dozen faculty and some staff as well who share an interest in Colombia's history and current events.
If you are a member of the Rutgers community or a neighbor and would like to join this group please write to
Informational Links from recent discussions
- Informe derechos humanos en los tres años del gobierno Duque en Colombia https://informesderechoshumanos.com/
- Informe visita de la CIDH a Colombia
- Colombia syllabus, Iniciativa académica que busca recopilar material sobre el paro y las protestas actuales:
- Temblores ONG: https://en.temblores.org/
- WOLA (Washington Office in Latin America) research and advocacy organization advancing human rights and social justice in the Americas: https://colombiapeace.org/colombia-peace-update-june-5-2021/